Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Favorites

#1

Museums galore this week!

On Tuesday morning, the Natural History Museum:
Also on Tuesday morning, the California Science Center:
On Tuesday afternoon, the Kidspace Museum (file photo):
On Thursday afternoon, the Skirball Museum:
#2

This girl:
...who watched Weston ALL DAY along with her own FOUR girls so that Tim and I could have an all-day date (a dayte?) at Disneyland. WOW. Thanks to her, we strolled without a stroller, we lunched without a highchair, and we gave nary a thought to blankies or diaper changes. THANK YOU, ABBY!!!!!!

#3

LOST

It's back for the final season, y'all! My brain can start aching all over again as it attempts to understand what the H is going on.
#4

Super Bowl XLIV

I love football, and I LOVE THE SUPER BOWL.
Costco pizza + Diet Coke + smashing helmets + interceptions + 40-yard field goals + halftime show + commercials = HAPPY, HAPPY SUPER BOWL FUN

(Isn't it funny that I married the one male human being on the planet who doesn't enjoy football? At least I can lure him with pizza.)

#5

The new Heinz ketchup packet:
Look, you can squeeze OR dip!!!

It will finally replace the frustrating, rectangular packet that they've been peddling for the past 40 years. My life is now complete.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Why does that new Heinz package make me so happy? Is there something wrong with me?

Abby took Weston all day???? Is she a saint or something? Well, obviously. That's so awesome! Oh man, the thought of simply eating without having to think of a high chair or make sure I order something that Jonathan can sponge off of... that sounds nice.


And holy museums! You are such a good mom. We haven't done anything fun for the past, oh, 3.5 months. Hopefully I'll start being fun again ;)

Liz Johnson said...

Are you kidding me about the ketchup?! Have all of my dreams finally come true?! That is AMAZING.

Also, KUDOS TO ABBY for taking Weston. Wow. She is SuperWoman times a gazillion.

The Super Bowl is wonderful. GO COLTS!

I watched Lost on Tuesday.

I am very impressed with your museum-ness. I am starting to wonder if I have ever taken my kids to a museum. Hmm... it's not looking good.

Lesley said...

What a fun week! You were one busy family. How great to do Disneyland as just grownups!

The ketchup packet! Wow! Where did you see that?

daMawma said...

Weston looks so interested in the museum activities. I guess the 3 of you enjoyed being out and about after the So-Cal rains had petered out. Payback to Abby means taking her 4 girls for a day, so plan some girly-girly activity. (Possibly involving spatulas? HaHa)

Abby said...

We had a blast Jean. The girls love Weston and he was so easy going.

You went to THREE museums in ONE day?? Wow! That is awesome. How was the California Science Center, by the way? We've been wanting to go. And although you might be all "museumed" out by now, tomorrow is the first Saturday of the month and Target sponsors some free stuff. Not sure if there's anything in your neck of the wooks, but that DayTripping site you pointed me toward last year had a list. We might try the La Habra Children's Museum in the morning.

And just FYI, no payback necessary! Although spatula activities are always fun. :) And watching Spatula City.

dana said...

Okay, that Heinz packet is WAY TOO cool! Great packaging. So glad you shared. And Weston is pretty darn stinking cute too. He's growing up!!

James Cramer said...

Hey Jean and Tim, we are snowed in here, looking forward to the superbowl tomorrow. FYI - very excited about the new ketchup packet, now I can dip my fries without having a soggy napkin afterwards. First we land on the moon, now there are new ketchup packets, it just makes you wonder - What's Next?....

Wendi said...

Ok seriously, it is about freaking time they figured out the ketchup packet thingy!!!! And Abby is super cool. It's true. And my head thinks the Colts will win, even though my heart is rooting for the Saints.

Headle said...

Look at you guys!!!! I love how out and about you are! I wonder if Weston will ever really know how lucky he is to be your son? He'll just grow up thinking that every kid has such cool parents! :)

I love these pictures!

Abby is sooooo nice!!! That is such an awesome gift.

Lalee Photography said...

That ketchup packet is AMAZING!! Go Heinz!!!

Mike and I talk about how we want to be parents like you and Tim who are always going out and doing stuff. Weston really is a lucky little guy!!

YAY Superbowl!!

Forrest said...

Abby rocks! And you had so much fun! I know because I was there. Oh wait, no I wasn't, but I felt like I was. And honestly, I am excited about that ketchup! And I rarely eat ketchup. Maybe I'll start eating more...straight from that package.

-Abbie

sachia said...

The Heinz packet is a miracle. I am not kidding.