Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Brought My Camera to IHOP

"You brought your camera to IHOP? You're so weird, Jean."

I know! It's why you like me and read this blog! But I had to! After all, today IHOP celebrated National Pancake Day by giving out FREE stacks of pancakes ALL DAY!!! They simply asked for donations to the Children's Miracle Network in return, which makes them even cooler:
We arrived mid-afternoon and expected large crowds nonetheless, but we were pleasantly surprised. Tim, Weston, the ever-present Thomas and I only waited about 10 minutes until a table was ready:
(This is the face that I get 90% of the time when I ask Weston to take his picture; it says to me, "Confused But Judgemental Nevertheless"):
After we were seated, our server hooked us up with some beverages. Weston likey the chocolate milk:
And then it was time for the good stuff:
"They're fluffity! They're puffity! 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!" (Do you think I'm crazy? I guess you have to know Homestar Runner and Marshy to get that.)

For the purposes of an amusing photograph, we got Weston to start tucking in with a knife and fork:
Then Tim and I each stole one of his pancakes (haha, sorry kid, but there's a food chain, see), and then let him get to the serious eating:
"Mom, I'm eating, ix-nay on the otographing-phay":
Tim decided to up his flavor palette with a little boysenberry syrup:
But I stuck with the old standard (and plenty of it):
The aftermath:
Thanks, IHOP! We'll be back next year!

7 comments:

Headle said...

I love you Jean!!! I would be so so sad if you EVER stopped taking us out on these little outings with you!!!

Weston is SOOO CUTE!!! I love the little faces he gives you when you take his picture! Ha ha! He has his little opinions :) He is growing up more and more every time I see him! Oh, so sweet!

dietcokegrrl said...

I sooo wanted to go, but was afraid that there would be a super long line! I should have had you call me if there was no wait. Shoot!!! Next time!!

Love the post!!

Lisa said...

Oh man, I love Jean. I was thinking about how I needed to go to bed, but when I saw your blog title, I knew that I needed to read it real quick. I love how you bring your camera everywhere :) In fact, when we went to Cafe Rio I thought of you and really wished I had brought my camera.

Deidra said...

We figured after work and dinner time there would be too long of a wait for three pancakes (and no one to snitch extras from-- darn!) so we had to make due with homemade four grain pancakes. We ate them with peaches and yogurt, which means we seriously missed out on all that syrupy goodness!

Lalee Photography said...

Pancakes are one of my biggest pregnancy cravings and now I REALLY want pancakes!!! haha :) I don't think I've been to an IHOP since high school with you guys! Now I'm going to make Bean take me. :) I love that you brought your camera to IHOP. :)

daMawma said...

That's another happy outing I can enjoy with Weston. I think I'll make some pancakes4lunch tomorrow.

Shelley said...

YUM. I love IHOP pancakes. They are the best in the world. And unfortunately, not in Japan. I've googled "recipes for IHOP pancakes" which I make frequently. But nothing beats the real thing.