Saturday, February 20, 2010

Why We Loved That Brief Spell of Lovely Weather

This past week, we had temperatures in the 70s and low 80s. Y'know what's better than lying outside on a beautiful, sunny, warm day, gazing at the bright green leaves above you churning softly in the breeze? Doing all that in a HAMMOCK.

That's right, Felipe the Brazilian Hammock (a beloved family nickname that I just invented two minutes ago) made his annual debut!!! I don't remember if we put Weston in the hammock last year, but boy, does he love it now. We had such a nice time that I not only allowed Tim to take pictures of me without makeup, but I went ahead and published those very pictures on the blog. YEAH. That is how much I love Felipe.

We gazed at the leaves (and tried to ignore the horns honking and people yelling at the gas station):
We cuddled:
We swung gently from side to side:
We generally lazed for a while:
Weston even scored an earlobe massage (OH, HOW HE LOVES THAT!!):
And just as I was on the verge of kicking everyone out so that I could have a turn by myself, Weston went ahead and did it himself:
I think Felipe is smiling here:

P.S. I don't have the right words to thank you guys so much for your support and love during our whole icky job turmoil. We really, really appreciate all the kind comments. FYI, my mom is extremely impressed with the caliber of my friendships. She loves to read the comments on this blog (almost as much as she loves reading the blog posts, I think), and she has mentioned a few times how wonderful you all are. So, big thanks from me, and big thanks from my mom, too. :-)

8 comments:

dana said...

Awww. cute photos!
and man, Weston is such grown up boy! He's totally adorable.

Headle said...

These pictures are adorable!! Oh, relaxing in a hammock on a warm, sunny CA day...ahhh..it looks so relaxing :)

You really are such a beautiful family!

Liz Johnson said...

CUTE!!!!!! Ahhh... a hammock... with WARM WEATHER... and a breeze... can I come live with you???

Hi Jean's mom!!! :)

Lalee Photography said...

Felipe!! Hammocks are awesome. With all the snow around here I'm incredibly jealous of your nice weather. :) Come on spring!! Jean, I would never be able to tell you didn't have makeup on. You're so pretty! Seriously. Weston is such a little man in that hammock, I love it!!

daMawma said...

We have 3-foot mounds of snow along the driveway here in Philly. I could use a "Felipe respite" right about now!

("Hi" back atcha, Liz!)

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures make me so happy. I want my own Felipe. And I want 70s and 80s. It's snowing outside and has been off and on for the past 3 days. Ick.

And Weston is a little boy. Not a toddler, not a baby, a little BOY. When did this happen?? Oh man, I so want to cuddle in a hammock now. I'm so JEALOUS.

Abbie said...

You are so beautiful w/o make-up. Seriously.

These pictures are frame worth. Love them!

(I'm trying reeeeeeally hard not to be jealous of your hammock weather, even though he is looking at me saying "are you jealous? Look at me having so much fun the with Andersons." Stop it, Felipe, just stop. You know I'm jealous).

Shelley said...

Oh how I miss So. California winters! What fun.

I'm so sorry about Tim's work situation. How stressful to have to deal with so much uncertainty. I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers. Hopefully this will just lead to something even better. Maybe in a place slightly more affordable than the west side. (Weren't we going to share a garage or something if we both ended up on that side of town?)

Keep smiling!

Shelley