Saturday, October 25, 2008

Zap

Abbie tagged me. Usually I pretend that I don't see tags (haha, sorry), but since Abbie is one of the sweetest, friendliest, gentlest people in the entire world, I realized that I'd feel really bad about disappointing her. :-)

4 RANDOM THINGS I LIKE ABOUT MY HUSBAND:

(1) He cracks me up to no end. He is seriously the funniest person that I've ever met. It's what originally attracted me to him in high school, and what continues to attract me to him. He jokes, he makes funny faces, he points out hilarious things on TV, he acts silly. He make many haha funny long time.
(2) He is super hard-working. He focuses himself on his assignments, and he works in a timely, diligent, efficient manner that I have never been able to master. He always wants to work and learn and improve.
(3) He always makes time for his family. (That's probably why he works so efficiently.) Even when he's loaded with things to do, he still plays with Weston and makes trips to the store and indulges my little family activities. And he lets me know that he's having a lot of fun at it, too.
(4) He is the ultimate gentleman. He always opens doors, pumps gas, carries heavy things, and walks on the street side (so that if someone gets hit by a car, it will be him). He is also extremely helpful around the house. (I used to be a highly capable person, but it's hard to stay that way when your husband is always helping so much and doing so much for you.)

4 JOBS I'VE HAD:

(1) Cashier/party hostess/character extraordinaire at Chuck E. Cheese. (Yes, I was THE Chuck E. Cheese. You put on the ice vest and costume, go out, wave to kids, fight off the ones who try to grab your giant mouse nose, dance around for the birthday parties, wave some more, escape to the walk-in fridge, remove the costume head, and collapse from heat stroke.)
(2) Dining room server at Brittany Point, a retirement community. (Waaaaay more mellow than Chuck E. Cheese.)
(3) Community Facilitator (aka Resident Advisor) at GWU. (Hey, it got me a single as a sophomore.)
(4) Administrative assistant at the U.S. Department of State, Office of Foreign Missions. (It was awesome. I got a sweet security clearance.)

4 MOVIES I'VE WATCHED MORE THAN ONCE:
(Okay, there is absolutely, hands-down, no possible way that I can limit this list to just 4 movies. There is so much more cinematic depth to Jean than 4 movies can possibly represent.)

(1) Lord of the Rings trilogy
(2) Aliens
(3) A Christmas Story
(4) The Little Mermaid
(5) Forrest Gump
(6) Waiting for Guffman
(7) Napoleon Dynamite
(8) Toy Story 1 & 2
(9) UHF
(10) When Harry Met Sally
(11) Fern Gully

4 T.V. SHOWS I WATCH:

(1) The Office
(2) 30 Rock
(3) Lost (when it's on, anyway)
(4) Daily Show / Colbert Report

4 PEOPLE WHO EMAIL ME REGULARLY:

(1) My mom. Absolutely. All the time. My mom.
(2) Uncle Joe (usually forwards, consistently hi-larious)
(3) Barack Obama and Joe Biden (they keep wanting me to donate)
(4) Kathy, the Stake YW President

4 OF MY FAVORITE FOODS:

(1) Berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
(2) Nutella
(3) Anything s'mores
(4) Anything with corn and/or cornmeal (cornbread, corn fritters, hush puppies, corn chowder, tamales, etc.)

4 PLACES I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT:

(1) Brazil (Tim served his two-year mission here, and I missed him fiercely while he was gone, so I accordingly studied maps of Brazil, planned a study-abroad semester to Brazil, and took two Portuguese courses in college)
(2) Japan (sushi, origami, architecture, culture, Tokyo Disney Resort, etc.)
(3) Iran (but only with someone who speaks Farsi)
(4) Italy (again... with Tim... Tim only... no children... me and Timmy) :-)

4 THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IN THE COMING YEAR:

(1) Watching Weston get older, crawl, walk, run, learn, develop, play, laugh, smile, etc. etc.
(2) Enjoying Christmastime in PA and at Disney World
(3) Engaging in more "personal enrichment" activities, like cooking, baking, reading, crafting, learning, etc.
(4) Getting pregnant again (if I may dare dream)

4 PEOPLE I AM TAGGING:
(I used my random name generator. Feel free to participate or ignore. I will not beat you up.)

(1) Emily W
(2) Dana C
(3) Megan M
(4) Lauren P

10 comments:

Mary said...

We will for sure keep you posted on our sweet baby!!! Also, I noticed you watch, The Office, we LOVE that show so much! It is our favorite!

daMawma said...

I remember way, way back to our earliest "comfort movies"... Miracle on 34th Street (original b&w), Adventures in Babysitting, Uncle Buck! Those were good times.

Liz Johnson said...

What the crap?? Seriously?? Malik... yeah, not cool dude.

Jean, you are the most awesome individual. Seriously. I look forward to more XBox time together. :)

Abby said...

I'm with Liz on this one. Not cool. Kind of weirded me out there.

BUT, fun tag! :) You're awesome Jean! And hey -- if you're driving down to Disney World, stop by and see us!!!

Wendi said...

Heeeey! You like UHF too?! I can never get anyone else in my family to watch it with me.

Abbie said...

Aww, thanks for playing. You are one amazing person, Miss Jean. Can Forrest and I come with you to Italy sans kiddos?

Emily said...

wow! That tweety and guitar are pretty impressive! THANKS for the tag! I feel so special! Liz tagged me with this one too! I better do it! and YAY for Fern Gully! I hurt my back when I was 9 and had to lay in bed for 6 weeks, I watched Fern Gully, Annie, and Newsies over and over!

Kristy Rolph said...

Hey!!! Yes, it's Ben. Jean, Jean, Jean, I am saddened that you did not mention the movie DUNE in your favorite movie list. I made Kristy watch it before we got married. Excellent movie and an even better book series. Anyways, we can't wait to see you guys in Philly for Christmas!!! Tell Tim I said hi. One day I'll remember how to keep in touch. Probably when my shackles at ISU are removed...in April!!!

megan said...

that was fun to read! If I remember (i don't remember to do much anymore, haha) i'll participate. Too bad the random generator can't ever help me win something!

Lalee Photography said...

Fern Gully! YES! And I'm totally with you on the LOTR trilogy - which, by the way, my Galadriel ring has been missing since the morning of the wedding, do you remember where I put it?

Also - you want to get pregnant again next year?! That is so freaking exciting! You and Tim are my inspiration - you make parenthood look so easy and fun and you do all these fun family activities! You make me think I can do it and remain fun and sane too!

Andrea is crazy for the nutella too btw. We couldn't have it in the house for the longest time b/c it would only be there for minutes before it disappeared.

I'm realizing I should probably have just written you an email with all of this in it. :-)