Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Allow Me to Introduce Walkie Bits

Hey y'all! Did everyone have a good Super Fat Tuesday yesterday? Tim and I visited our local polling place, and we were hoping for some snazzy "I Voted" beads, but all we got was the regular old sticker. The lady there could not get over the fact that we're married but we're registered in two different parties. (Apparently that's not super common?) Anyway, after discussing it on the walk back home, we realized that our fundamental political apathy always overrides any possible disagreements that we may temporarily have about the issues. (Hahaha.)

I have nothing to write about. The baby isn't here yet (38.5 weeks now!), and I'm in the process of writing Thank You notes for the generous baby gifts that we've received, starting the Baby Book, and finishing the nursery. Finishing the nursery basically consists of hanging up the curtains and buying a little toy box (which I'm especially excited about, because Tim and I are going to Ikea tomorrow to get the Apa storage box for $14.99, and to eat delicious meatballs and lingonberries!). Oh, and if anyone hears anything about the Flarke DVD storage shelves (which have been out of stock for months and months now), do let us know. They're also only $14.99 each, but are perpetually unavailable. So, that's another one of my projects right now -- checking the Ikea website daily to see if the Flarkes are here. :-) Life is good when work is winding down!!

Anyway, as it turns out, I was able to conjure some inane things to write about after all! However, I still need to introduce Walkie Bits. Tim had a Man Shower on Saturday night at Dave & Buster's (the man version of the baby showers that I've enjoyed lately), and he won a wicked lot of tickets, and got me a little electronic toy called -- of all things -- Walkie Bits. (It actually says "Walkie Bits" on the little package! Go figure.) It's this little, orange, plastic turtle that walks around and makes buzzing sounds when you press its little plastic shell:



It's really quite entertaining (at least for those of us whose work is winding down and are pretty much just writing Thank You notes right now, anyway), and it's my new little desk buddy. If you happen to visit a Dave & Buster's anytime soon, I highly recommend that you aim for the 250 tickets needed for a Walkie Bits. It's bits of walkie fun (big bits, too).

Finally, (I'll stop after this and get back to work and Thank You's), Tim and I had our third and final childbirth class last night. Among other things, our teacher kept saying the phrase "soup to nuts" (which apparently means "from A to Z"?), and she also claimed that bellydancing used to be a form of childbirthing. Haha... what? I love it. We've done so much reading now, and seen so many videos, that we pretty much get the whole labor thing at this point (although still have no idea what to expect for us specifically), so, unfortunately, we ended up whispering jokes to each other the whole time. Don't get me wrong, we were generally very attentive, especially when she showed a video of the placenta (WILD). We also learned that the baby rotates in order to fit properly through the pelvic bones and what not during contractions. Very interesting. Flippant though we may be at times, it was a good class, and we're very, very excited for the weeks (days?) ahead. Still no idea when Tadpole-Leonard will actually come, but we're definitely looking forward with growing anticipation. :-)

Okay, back to my day...

3 comments:

Lalee Photography said...

Dude, I soooo want a Walkie Bits.

Lisa said...

I'm glad that you can find joy in your Walkie Bits :) We love Dave and Busters.

John and I are different political parties! But we just don't talk about politics much because we don't care to. Although if Obama gets through and Romney doesn't I think he's going to vote Obama. Woo!

Tiff said...

So..... Dave is going to be totally hurt that he wasn't invited to Tim's man shower..... he was totally hoping to hear about that. Tim better get going on an apology letter!!! ;)