Monday, February 18, 2008

El Room-O del Bebe

So, my day-to-day life has become very different of late, now that I'm done with work, flush with leisure time, and thinking CONSTANTLY of going into labor. Seriously, I was not expecting this much free time, so I'm doing lovely things like reading and watching movies and forcing Tim to go out to lunch with me just so I'll have a few things to put on a daily agenda. Haha! It's fun, but I really want the little guy to come!! Was it Pippin in The Return of the King who said in that touching scene with Gandalf that waiting is worse than fighting? Well, I get you, Peregrin Took, I get you! The anticipation and uncertainty of having a baby are just gnawing at me right now, and I have to admit, I'm very eager for things to just happen. :-)

Anyway, I'll pass the time (and keep my friends' and family's paranoia at bay) by making more frequent blog posts of varying degrees of inanity. Today's topic is photos of the baby's room!! (Which continues to remain vacant. Did I already mention that?)



11 comments:

The Hyer Family said...

So cute! All you need is a baby now!

dana said...

Nice job on the room! And I love the cute tin can lamp. Very creative. He'll be here soon! But in the mean time keep twidling your thumbs and please keep posting! (although I have to admit that each time I see that there's an update on your blog, I anxious click on it thinking "she went into labor!" I know it will happen soon :) )

Headle said...

Jean-
Can you get any cuter?! I don't think so!!! You are adorable and inspire me in every way!!

The nursery is gorgeous! I love it! I can just see the love that you poured into every detail. He is going to LOVE cuddling with you there :) YEA!!

You and Tim are going to be the BEST parents ever!! You are both full to the brim with goodness. Your little baby is going to adore you both so much. I can't wait to hear everything as it unfolds :)

daMawma said...

I see HUNGRY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR on the bookshelf! Awwww.....

Liz Johnson said...

I cannot imagine what paranoid friends you are talking about.

That is SO CUTE! I love it! You should go plop your belly on various pieces of furniture. If T-L sees/feels how cute they are, maybe he'll be prompted to make his escape!

Lesley said...

What a great room! It is so crisp and clean looking! I would want to be born if I got all that...

Lisa said...

Wow, your baby's room looks FANTASTIC! So neat and tidy, you've made it look so peaceful. And hey, great minds think alike, I have that same crib bedding! And I love it!

Tiff said...

I was wondering about you guys. In sacrament meeting on Sunday, I was looking at my program and saw the date and went, "OH! I hope he comes!"

No dice, eh?

Well, if you'd like, I could give you a call, and you could hold the phone up to your belly, and I could yell in my loudest voice, "COME OUT, TADPOLE!" and then he'll come ASAP just out of curiosity of the obnoxious noises outside... either that, or stay in longer, to avoid the insanity. :)

Lillian said...

What a cute room! I am so anxious for you. This baby will come soon, I am sure. What an exciting time.

megan said...

seriously...where did you get the changing table?? so cute!!! And hang in there girl! The waiting when you are overdue really kinda stinks though, huh?! I remember going to the store and ppl would ask when I was due and I'd say today...or 5 days ago...etc. Can't wait to see your lil one!

hilary w said...

I love your baby room! So cute...and clean....won't stay that way for long! I am so glad you are posting often because seriously, I check your blog every day now to see if you've had the baby yet. Keep em coming!