Friday, October 3, 2008

Our Lists of Completely Random Awesome Things

Off the top of my head, here are Jean's Top 5 Awesome Things Right Now:

(1) Happy Hour at Philly's Best, where you get a free Tastykake with your sandwich.
(2) Our neighbor's lawn, featuring actual green grass, which (I was delighted to learn) I am welcome to sit upon with Weston, since our own "front lawn" is nothing more than a concrete walkway. It is VERY nice to walk 20 steps to their house with a blanket and some toys, rather than driving to a local park. Seriously, our neighbors win the Awesome Award this week for welcoming us into their world of Lawn.
(3) The temperature today: a blessed, sunny, beautiful 76 degrees (finally the weather has noticed that it's October and not July).
(4) Weston clapping his little hands, which is his newest (and certainly one of his cutest) developments. He seems to rather enjoy it, too - especially my high-pitched "YAY!!!'s" in response to his clapping.
(5) General Conference weekend! I'm-a git edified.

Off the top of his head, here are Tim's Top 5 Awesome Things Right Now (as transcribed by Jean):

(1) Glow sticks. You can get them in the dollar rack at Target right now. Tim has used them for school projects lately, but mostly he just likes to play with them. And stick them in his mouth so that he has Green Glow-Mouth.
(2) Weston. "In general."
(3) Transformers. Jean: "Even though it came out, like, ages ago?" Tim: "Yeeeeeaaaaaaah."
(4) Sleep, in theory. Tim: "I've heard sleep is pretty good."
(5) Cheesesteaks. (Although I'd like to point out that his initial answer in response to my prodding for a #5 Awesome Thing was "I love lamp.")

6 comments:

dana said...

Yes, the cooler weather!!
ah.
Can't wait to see Weston clapping!

Nat said...

Oh my goodness, wasn't today great? And it's supposed to rain tomorrow! I can't wait. Also, you mentioned this thing called sleep. What in the world is that??

Lisa said...

I love love LOVE that you go to a Happy Hour. I want an alcohol-less Happy Hour over here!

You NEED to get video of Weston clappinng. That is so awesome!!!

Tiff said...

I love how Tim sounds just as interested in contributing to your blog as Dave sounds in contributing to mine.

... and I still haven't seen Transformers...

Liz Johnson said...

Chris needs Tim's gamertag so that they can participate in various nerd activities via the interweb together.

And I haven't seen Transformers either.

What is this sleep thing you speak of?

Lalee Photography said...

Tastykakes!!! Mmmm.

The weather last night felt light marching band weather. :-)