Monday, October 27, 2008

Let the Halloween Festivities Begin!

Our friends Jacob and Tak invited us to a Halloween dinner party on Saturday. Hooray! It was the perfect way to kick off the Halloween fun. And they went all out for it. Tak prepared the most amazing Halloween spread that I have EVER seen. She is hardcore. And these were just the snacks and treats -- the dinner was on a separate table!!
We finally had the opportunity to get Weston into his full Yoda costume. Here he is, checking out his little lightsaber:
He was really very fond of that lightsaber -- he spent most of the evening sucking on it. Good thing he had the power of the force to protect him from its searing hot razor-sharpness:
Check out the little Yoda booties!! Tak made those, too. THANK YOU!!! I am eternally grateful, and I kind of want a pair of my own.
They set up a backdrop and camera for official party photos:
If you can't tell, the sign on my chest says "The Force." That's right, I was "The Force" for my costume. I was what enables my little Yoda to be held and suspended in mid-air. Awesome, right? I had nuthin' until about two hours before the party, when Tim made that suggestion. Thank goodness that one of us is creative! (And obsessed with Star Wars.)
Tim was Wolverine for his costume... but Wolverine 20 years from now, after he let himself go a little bit (hence the gray highlights in his hair). FYI, THIS is why I've been living with a mutton-chop crazie for the past couple of weeks:
We had a great time with the photo shoot!
And here's a great shot of Tim's freaking sweet, homemade adamantium claws. He whipped those up in about an hour. How does he do it??

So far, we're really enjoying the Halloween season. We're EXTRA excited to go trick-or-treating on Friday night with our little golden ticket to free candy (aka mini-Yoda). And Weston will be none the wiser. Haha! Nice. Then on Saturday, we're going to a trunk-or-treat party, where the kids go trick-or-treating around decorated car trunks in the church parking lot. Yay more free candy! I never knew how AWESOME it is to have a kid at Halloween. :-)

15 comments:

Tiff said...

Holy COW! I cannot believe that SPREAD of yummies! Who is this person?!!! Martha Stewart but way awesomer, That's for sure. And she made Weston BOOTIES??!!!

And, OMG, Tim's costume. I never tire of his way of thinking... never.

And, lastly, Jean your HAIR is so LONG! Be careful not to go all FLDS like I did after having a kid and grow it so long that it's ridiculous... just sayin'.

The Hyer Family said...

I LOVE the binky hanging from Weston's costume---can't forget the essentials! You guys always look like you're having so much fun--I love it!

dana said...

oh fun! We get a sneak preview of the little Yoda (is that redundant? little. yoda.)
Anyway...love it! He looks adorable!

Nat said...

Seriously looks like the best Halloween party ever! Infinite supply of goodies= extremely happy guests
And I LOVE your costumes! Can't wait to see them in action at the Trunk or Treat.

lyndsey said...

love the costumes. weston looks adorable...and the force holding him up? amazing. can't wait to see it all again at the trunk or treat :)

daMawma said...

Those Yoda "feeties" really make Weston's costume outstanding, as does the mini lightsaber. Nice touch.

Liz Johnson said...

FUN! You guys look awesome. I love your theme.

Jean - you look ridiculously skinny. Like way, way skinny. What's your secret??

Lalee Photography said...

Jeeeean! You look SO pretty!! Weston has a hot mom. I LOVE his Yoda costume and Tim is totally rockin' it as Wolverine! I like that they are authentic mutton chops. :-)

Abbie said...

The force - that is awesome! I almost ate my screen looking at the yummy picture. I love Halloween!

Lisa said...

I love that you were The Force. And I agree--what an awesome hostess! I can't imagine thinking of and preparing all of that food, and also thinking of putting a backdrop. That's so incredibly awesome.

The Facks of Life said...

You guys are so clever. And, Weston is adorable. Holy food fest! I can't believe all that food. She is hard core!

La La Land said...

Little Yoda could not be any cuter!!!

Gaskin Girl said...

Yep, it IS really nice to have a kid at Halloween. It's like the Seinfeld gig where he talks about how a kid's purpose in life is to get candy. But it changes from, "I can wear that!" to, "HE can wear that!" :)

Katie said...

Tim... you look SOOOO much like your dad in that last pictue!

Linsey said...

Wow, that is quite a Halloween party spread.

What a cute Yoda your little guy is!