Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fun with Tuesday

I had a really fun day yesterday. It started out like most other Tuesdays... there were some chores, there were some errands. But by mid-afternoon, it started to get good. First, Weston and I headed over to the Kidspace Museum for their monthly free night. I've been dealing with a little bit of Portland jealously lately, after my friend Heather wrote about the Portland Children's Museum, which looks AWESOME. But as it turns out, the Kidspace Museum is like the Pasadena version of the Portland Children's Museum! Hooray!

The entyway is really snazzy-looking with all these shiny metals and orbs:
The museum has a variety of exhibits and play areas, but the early childhood playroom is where it's at. Weston and I hung out there the whole time, along with a bunch of other kids and moms. There's a slide with all this brightly colored material on top that the kids loved playing in:
The rest of the room is chock-full of toys and blocks and crawling mats and fun shapes and pretty much anything and everything that might stimulate a young mind:
Weston was taking it all in:
Still taking it all in:
Here we are, enjoying our Motherboy time (thanks to Dana and her blog post for the photo!):
Here are Annie and Megan, with little smiley Elijah:
And here's Dana with cutie patootie Owen (oh, FYI Owen, Weston had that plastic corn in his mouth at one point... haha, sorry):
Then Weston and I returned home to discover that Timmy was able to sneak out of class early! Woohoo! So, Tim and I were able to play with the kiddo and eat dinner together, which was nice. Then it was time for the presidential debate! Yay! I love debates, and Tim humors me and watches with me. However, I only love debates on TV, not on my blog, so I won't say anything else about it. :-)
After Weston's bathtime and bedtime, I decided to do something that I hadn't done since having a baby. I WENT SHOPPING. Like, for myself. For clothes. For reals. Whee!! I had a 20% off coupon for Kohl's, so I drove over there and tried on a million items. I actually only ended up getting two things, though, because I'm a tightwad. First, having been inspired by my friend Liz's exploit into the world of purple shoes, I purchased this tunic, which is a look that I have never before considered, and which, my friends, are no longer only for medieval knights or lords of Rohan:
I also purchased wide-leg jeans that sort of look like this (except they're a lot darker):
Look at me, trying out these new styles. Whee! And of course, I purchased a new toy for Weston (see photo below). No, not the animal choo-choo train, not the safari baby... just the tiger that Safari Baby is playing with. Well, I am kind of a tightwad. FYI, I searched on the Fisher-Price website for a photo of this toy, and the website suggested that I should "let the tiger ride on the Amazing Animals Sing and Go Choo-Choo." Hmm. But I don't own the Sing and Go Choo-Choo... hmm. The website also said that the tiger toy is good for Baby because, and I quote: "Baby's actions make intriguing things happen, sparking curiosity." By "intriguing things," I think they mean the toy's clicking and croaking (I mean purring) sounds. I think Fisher-Price might take themselves too seriously sometimes.
Anyway, when I returned home, I discovered that my friend Rebecca had dropped off a special, adorable surprise: a brand-new onesie for Weston!!! Yaaaaaay! How cute is this:
Rebecca and another friend Natalie recently started a company called Max & Magnolia, where they sell hip onesies and other baby goods. SO CUTE!!! Thanks, Rebecca! It was the perfect end to a fun-filled day. :-) (And Weston totally digs it!)

8 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Way to promote unity on your blog, Jean. I am impressed. :)

And I love that tunic. It would totally match my shoes (hahaha)!

I realize I've never said this before, but WESTON IS SO STINKIN' CUTE! You should exploit his looks for money. :)

Tiff said...

Weston seems like such a happy child. Go figure, since his mother is constantly smiling and laughing at everything...

Lisa said...

What a cute picture of you and Weston! AND, he's looking at the camera AND smiling!! That one's a keeper :) :)

I'm very excited about your wonderful day--it sounds fantastic!

La La Land said...

Sounds like such a fun day!! I also love debates (on tv). AND, I just bought Alice the Animal Fun Train! They have it at Costco right now! It is totally cute, but the song gets stuck in your head.

B Brown said...

He looks like he is laughing his head off in the onesie pics. Please Please Please can we post it on our etsy page? We're sure to sell millions with that face promoting it!

dana said...

so many fun things in this post!
We were so glad you came to Kidspace. Next month Weston may be crawling around there....or scooting at least!
Cute new clothes you bought. And love the onesie and Weston's expression.
He is seriously such a cute little boy!

daMawma said...

Some shopping and personal time is important. Don't wait another 7 months to get another chance. Weston will love the newly dressed and refreshed mommy!

Abbie said...

What a fun day! Love the new outfit. I should go shopping...for me.